Monday, October 22, 2007

What in the...


This is what we get for bragging to everyone that we live in San Diego and the weather is perfect and why would anyone live anywhere else. San Diego is burning to the ground as I'm writing this. I'm not going to lie, it's a little unnerving. More than half a million people have been evacuated from their homes. Hundreds and hundreds of homes have burned to ashes. No one can breathe the air without coughing or getting a headache. Thankfully Brandon and I have been safe and the only thing we're dealing with is the awful air quality. If one of the fires keeps going the way it's going we may have to evacuate. We're blessed that we're in a position to see the fire coming and get to safety in plenty of time. Also, luckily only one person has been lost, so that's good news (well, not for that person).

The mayor is asking people to stay home, not to be on the road unless necessary and not be on the phone unless necessary. Brandon even came home early from work and we don't know if he'll be ok to go tomorrow. We're grateful for our safety and hope that we can remain in our apartment the whole time.



Please pray for those in the stadiums and other shelters, even though they are safe from fires, they'll still have to sleep outside and breathe the awful air, and for the firefighters that have been working something like 30 hours by now.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello! It's Hiram (or Magdiel...It's hard to keep track of who knows me by what name!)

Me alivia saber que los dos están a salvo, aunque también siento su dolor con lo del aire horrible. También hay incendios acá más al norte que no permiten que el cielo sea azul ni que se respire bien. Hoy amaneció el cielo oscuro y rojo. De lo que he oído, hay quemazones desde Santa Barbara hasta San Diego.

Espero que no te estorbe que este leyendo tu “blog,” pero, igual a otro persona que ya lo mencionó, ¡también me encanta tu forma de contar historias! Si te haría sentir mejor, puedes leer la mía (www.mhsarmiento.com), pero ¡no te puedo garantizar que te guste!

Cuídense mucho y traten de no respirar mucho. :)

¡Hasta luego amiga!

[No se por que, ¡pero me dieron ganas de escribir en español!]

Anne said...

Hey Nat. I had no idea you were so close to dying. I'll just take this opportunity to say that I think you and Brandon are perfect for each other, and you'll have a great eternity, but I'd rather you not die right now.

R and K said...

You guys be careful!
--Mother Kim