
The Philadelphia Story - always a good classic. It's about this bratty socialite that realizes that the world can't always go her way. It's a comedy. My favorite thing about old movies is that you have to pay attention to little nuances throughout the whole movie, otherwise you won't know what's going on.

Aunti Mame: Love it!!! Current old-movie favorite. I think it's hilarious, but it's fast paced, don't go to the bathroom. Rosalind Russel is perfect for this role. Secretly I wish I could be like Auntie Mame. It's about her orphan nephew (Patrick) who comes to live with her, but he doesn't know what he's in for. Patrick's fiance, towards the end is Brandon's favorite.

Lust for Life: This is about the troubled life of Vincent Van Gogh. The thing I like about most old movies is that even though a subject has the potential to be crude, it's handled very carefully. Such was the life of Vincent Van Gogh. Kirk Douglas is amazing as Van Gogh, he's so intense and yet so tender. Must watch.

Gosford Park: So good. New, though done in the style of old, you have to pay attention to know what's going. It's a who dunnit murder mystery, with a great list of characters all trying to not look guilty. Must warn, it's an R.
1 comment:
Ok, so I know I give you crap for your old movies, but I'm going to try them. I especially want to see the Van Gogh one.
Post a Comment