Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Family News


Nothing all that exciting has happened since I slapped Brandon on the neck. Brandon is still working hard at his job, I'm still working hard on the baking thing. I haven't found a job yet, but I feel I'm close. I feel so bad that I'm not working that I've devised new ways to save us money. Some of the ways I've come up with are making our own sandwich bread, making beans from scratch, and making my own oven-dried tomatoes, which by the way is the best idea I've ever had. We spend A LOT of money on convenience so cutting that out has made it so we spend less money and it gives me something to do.

ANYWAY, Maggie, our dog-to-be, won't be around until Thanksgiving weekend. We're sad but excited. All her things from Pet Edge came yesterday. I spent like an hour playing with an empty collar and with her bed. I figure I won't buy toys until I can take her to PetSmart to pick her own.

Other than that life is good. The beach still receives frequent visits from us. We're still going to church. We're still eating a lot. And we're still friends with the Gunderson's. So...stay tuned for more of the same.

2 comments:

Anne said...

What a dedicated wife you are to do all sorts of stuff to save money.

Kristin said...

So my family got a dog this past summer and her name is Maggie too! Weird. She is a Harrier Hound and I actually like her, though I thought I might not. Way to be super domestic and save money. Go Nat. Go Nat go.