
Family news: We're doing fine. I think a lot of that has to do with the weather. It's never been above or below 70 degrees since we've been here.
Brandon is thinking about law school and I try to dissuade him from it constantly. If he decides it's something he wants to do I'll support him without complaint, but I was just so excited to get our life started, more school would just delay that. Which I guess is fine if it's something he really wants to do, but it just kind of came out of nowhere. We'll see. We might be embarking on another adventure pretty soon. Keep you posted. As of yet, Brandon really likes his job. The people he works with are really cool and he's actually doing things, not just counting cars. He's at a conference today, where they are raffling off a new iPod nano. He is instructed by me to win it at all costs.
I sadly haven't found a job yet. I've sent out resumes and such but no one's biting. I found a paid internship I would love to do but that doesn't start until early Feb. so I might wait around for that. It's the kind of job you would wait around for. For now, I'm trying not to spend money because I feel that Brandon works hard (he gets to go golfing for work Friday) and I don't. Although at least the house is clean and I get to cook a lot. And blog.
When Brandon comes home we usually hang out, eat, go to the beach. Brandon is trying to surf a few times a week so if we're not home, call the beach. It turns out that our neighbors next door are members so we hang out with them and their dog too. We're actually going over there to watch the Office. We don't have cable, just an antennae so on good days we get about 4 channels.
Funny story: Last night, after eating, surfing, cleaning, laundry and a small fight it was 9pm and we had run out of things to do. The natural progression would have been to go to bed, but it was 9pm and we weren't sleepy. So we went to bed and played cards while sitting on our mattress. We were happily playing cards when I developed a bad case of the hiccups which was annoying Brandon because I couldn't get through a story without pausing to hiccup. In order to cure me he decided to give me a scare. A potentially dangerous thing to do because my first instinct when I'm scared is to throw slaps around. So I'm shuffling the cards, talking about something when out of nowhere Brandon goes "BLAH!!!" I jumped then slapped him on the neck. It all happened so fast. Let me break it down. When Brandon said "BLAH!!!" he accompanied it with what he thought was a scary Just-Jack-adorn-my-face-with-jazz-hands gesture that looked more like Broadway than Elm Street. It wasn't scary at all only I didn't notice that until after I had slapped him on the neck, which by way was an accident. I meant to slap his shoulder and I did, but with the momentum my hand slipped off, kept going, and eventually landed on his neck. Then we looked at each other and burst out laughing. I guess you had to be there.
3 comments:
This blog is truly priceless.
I'm so glad you checked it out :) Also, that you noticed my 5 postings in one day. I will be checking yours regularly and I hope you do the same :)
By the way, so far I'm winning with number of posts in one day. Try and beat me.
Nice, Nat. I thought your slap story was funny, so I don't feel like I had to be there. I guess maybe it's because I know you.
Post a Comment