Sunday, October 14, 2007

At the Movies: Part Deux

Ok, so I went out and got some more movies. Movies are my favorite way to spend my time cleaning, they just make the burden lighter. Also, like reading or TV (thanks Comms 100), movies help us come together as a society. If I like Ocean's 13 then I already have something in common with the person on the East Coast that also liked Ocean's 13. Ta-dah! Thus making connections with the people who read my blog and like movies I like. Again, Ta-dah!


Love Finds Andy Hardy: Super cute. This is a good-time, family-fun, parents-with-integrity movie. Andy Hardy is in a series of movies, so there are a lot of Andy Hardy movies out there. They're about Andy Hardy and his family and his escapades. This one is about how Andy got mixed up with two different girls on accident and now he's in a jam. It's fun and goofy, nothing controversial or deep about it; good for a rainy day.


His Girl Friday: Fast, fast, fast!!! How the actors ever memorized their dialogs is a mystery to me. It's about Hildy, a fantastic reporter, who throws in the typewriter for a wife's role. She wants to settle down and have a family but her ex-editor/husband won't let her and he's determined to win her back. It's supposed to be a comedy but we stopped laughing half-way. It's a great movie, it just loses it's humor. The ending is happy depending on whose side you're on. (Note: Rosalind Russel plays Hildy, she also plays Auntie Mame!)

1 comment:

Anne said...

The only movie my library had was Auntie Mame. While I am excited to see it, I want to see the others. Do you own any of them? If so , bring them to Thanksgiving. I sent you a package today!!!