I've been recently thinking a lot about the word hate. I think we throw it around too casually and it really can be hurtful, so I'm trying not to use it. Instead I will use dislike.
I dislike myself for going to the below-pictured's website because I dislike her so profoundly. But what I dislike the most is that she had good ideas on that said website. Nay, what I dislike the most is that I took an idea and used in real life. I dislike myself.

Argh!! She drives me nuts. She's probably the worst interviewer I have ever seen only due to the fact that she has to cut off her guest because she already knows how to do whatever it is they're explaining. And! She's got tips on how to make it easier. Dislike is bubbling in me just thinking about it.
Anyway I had to bring a spooky dessert to work for our Halloween Party and I couldn't think of anything because I'm not a great dessert maker. So I gave in and went to the afore-pictured's website because I knew she would have ideas. And she did so I made these cuz they seemed simple. I bought mix to make the cupcakes, and I bought pre-made frosting, both strawberry. I didn't even dare taste the frosting because I can't think of anything looking less appetizing. Bleh.
They're supposed to be little brains. I was told by my coworkers that they were good. I dislike that I've been defeated.
Silver lining = funny story. The only good thing that came out of this was something I thought was a funny comparison.
Having been my first attempt at making and decorating cupcakes, I had no idea how to transport them. So I kind of finagled them all on a plate and took them to work uncovered, hoping I wouldn't get rear-ended again (remind me I'll have to blog about the car accident). Anyway, this is for those devoted Arrested fans. Remember when Tobias wanted to become a Blue Man so he wore the Blue Man paint all the time? And remember how the house suffered because there were vestiges of a blue Tobias all over the place. That's kind of what happened except substitute house for new car and blue paint with pink frosting. There was proof of my ineptitude at transporting cupcakes all over the place. Needless to say Brandon, the neat-car freak, was not excited. He disliked it.
5 comments:
I think you're jealous.
Love the Tobias reference. Wouldn't you know it makes me CRAZY everytime I watch--I just want to go around and clean off all the blue paint. Poor Brandon, I can only picture the car!
yeah! thanks for the arrested shout out. i watched the chicken dance the other day on youtube and it made my week.
i think your brains cupcakes are gnarly, by the way. =D
one last note: you're so right, as always. food is the only thing that makes sense in the world.
I love the arrested development comparison. The brains looked super tasty, and way to change yourself from a hater to a disliker big step up :)
Love Love Love everything about this post...I dislike Ms. Martha as well. And I also have begrudginly visited her website for her ideas for "good things". Infact, the only person I dislike more and yet who I have, on more than one occasion, used food ideas from much to my dislike is...drumroll...Rachel Ray. SOOOO Obnoxious! I dislike that she makes yummy food easy...
Things I do like?? ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT. More than you know.
Thanks for the laugh.
Post a Comment