Thursday, November 6, 2008

The Only Solace

The world is insane right now. The only thing that makes sense any more is food. The only thing that ever made sense was food. Why did I stray? Why, oh, why?

In any case, I'm back to my comfort zone. My salty, crunchy, perfectly browned comfort zone. Truth be told, I've been reading a lot of food literature (alright fine, that's pretty much all I read), so I've been inspired. But before we get to the food, I think this blog has been a little devoid of personal photos. So - to the shenanigans!!!

Not too long ago we went to Utah for two friends wedding (not getting marred to each other).

We went four-wheeling at Snowbird. Notice what I'm wearing, this was a total, whim thing, which is not uncommon for us, but it was windy and cold and as a bonus, rainy.


Then we got stuck on the backside of the mountain in the storm in a tiny shack. This was us leaving the shack to flee to safety (there was lighting). And because we were fleeing we got to drive really fast.


I fed a cute horse on the way.


Then we came back only to be love-mauled by dogs.


Then we carved a pumpkin. It's supposed to be a guy looking in a mirror, freaking out because he sees a skull. We won the contest by the way.


Here's me in Joselyn's outfit that I borrowed for Halloween. I would post a picture of Brandon but he went as a surf bum. And let's face it, that's not a stretch. At all.

1 comment:

Anne said...

Love the princess costume...so not you. I'm glad you noticed the lack of personal photos, and I hope you rectify this in future posts. I don't see you every day, and I need my Tia/Tio fix. The pictures I have on iPhoto only get me so far. :)