
Well, it's not exactly an ode, but I do have to say that I'm fairly smart, witty, funny, and cute.
Ok, my latest accomplishment in the kitchen has been...drum roll... vegetarian tacos!!!
I know it doesn't sound all that appealing but they were really yummy. And I know they're nothing new but I was quite proud of myself for "inventing" them.
It all came about because of our vegetarian stint. Being a fake vegetarian is all fun and games until you have to start cooking like one and then you realize that having some sort of protein on the plate is just an excuse to not be creative. So I got my rusty creative juices going and vegetarian tacos came out. Instead of salsa I served them with chimichurri (the Argentine version of salsa) which by the way you can stick on anything. Make a big batch of chimichurri and you have marinade for everything. For the sides I made homemade chips and sauteed kale with cumin and garlic. Use any vegetable that roasts well, as always, these are just the ones that happened to be in my fridge/pantry.
Veggie Tacos serves 2
1/2 butternut squash, peeled and cut into big bite-size squares
1 red pepper
1/2 onion, pick a color, any color
some eggplant, cut as squash
olive oil
salt and pepper
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grab a baking pan (I used 9x13). Put all your vegetables in there. Add olive oil and salt and pepper. Toss the veggies with oil, salt, pepper.
3. Stick them in the oven for about 25 minutes, maybe more, until they are well roasted and everything looks nice and soft.
4. Serve with corn tortillas and yummy chimichurri. Hmm...
4 comments:
Way to go, Genius!
Vegetarian tacos!? I think that Joselyn and I should try them at some future point.
Veggie tacos? Isn't that a sin in Mexican cuisine???
Post a Comment