It happened one chilly autumn night.
My faithful bleaders will know that I have four awesome (and dare I say, hot) sisters in law. The oldest of us who is 33 and the youngest, me at 24. Said sisters in law and I got together over Thanksgiving and left the kiddies with the boys while we went off and watched New Moon. Personally, I went for the developing storyline and moving performances. However, not everyone's intent was so noble (i.e. Taylor Lautner's pecs).
In any case the movie was watched and enjoyed by all. On our way back to the car where we were about to treated by a special ride home featuring Alyssa driving like a maniac pretending she was Alice, some hoodlum youths poked their heads out of their beater Buick and yelled, "WOOO-HOOOO!!!!!! COUGARS!!!"
All were shocked and a little confused. We even looked around to see if they were yelling at us. I half expected to see some old ladies walking behind us. Alas, there were no old ladies behind us, the cougar comment was aimed at the five of us. Tight jeans and all. Needless to say I was the most offended. I am not a cougar! I am a trophy wife damn it! However, instead of saying something more cutting, all I could muster was to yell back, "BUT I'M ONLY TWENTY-FOUR!!!" in hopes that they would realize their mistake and turn around to ask for my number so then I would refuse them, naturally.
Yet, they did not. They drove away leaving the five of us in a sort of stunned giggle. We got into the car and brushed it off, especially as we had to hold on for our dear lives thanks to Alyssa's driving. But in the back of our minds we were all still hearing the echo of, "Cougar...cougar... cougar..."
3 comments:
Hahahahahaha. Don't pretend like you didn't love the pecs.
Bahaha! I love your comeback..."But I'm only 24!!". Don't worry, your not a cougar! :)
You should have yelled "Yeah! Go BYU!!!" Cause in that sense you are very much a cougar at heart. You make me smile. I want more pics of your beautiful daughter!
Post a Comment