Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Confessions...

Sigh. I'm a terrible person. For two reasons.

1. I saw a pregnant woman walking down the street and wanted to yell, "Don't do it!"
It's kind of late, she can't get unpregnant, but I still wanted to warn her of the complete consumption of your being that a child requires.

I don't feel that way anymore (well, the "don't do it" park) and have kind of figured out how to balance motherhood with the rest of my existence, but that doesn't take away the flurry of emotions that wash over you like a tsunami when you get home and think, "Holy Crap, this is for real. I'm not entirely sure we haven't made a mistake."

Thankfully those are just hormones talking and once they're back to normal life gets back to normal. But don't be fooled, until normality returns, it kind of sucks.

2. I now know I can kill a man.
That means you, Mr. I'm-17-and-in-a-band-drive-a-motorcycle. And you Mr. Bully-in-the-playground. I know who you are, and I know where you sleep.

3 comments:

Anne said...

So, how, specifically, do you now know that you can kill a man? Did you do it? Sometimes I'm scared of you.

Melissa said...

Does this mean I can call you now?

PS- I totally love seeing all those pics!! =D

Anonymous said...

haaha I thought I was the only one...