In any case, I found this picture on the Wallstreet Journal and just had to scan and post.

This is a picture of the lawyers taking to the streets to protest the ousting of the chief justice in Pakistan. After much lawyer-protest the chief justice was reinstated and the lawyers have now gone back to lawyering.
I’m not sure if having the chief justice back is a good or bad thing, I haven’t researched the issue very thoroughly. However, what I do know is that I love their torches. Long gone are the days of finding a stick, wrapping it with your brother’s old t-shirt, dipping it in paint thinner and lighting it on fire. You can now purchase (I assume in Costco sized bulk?) fancy torches to protest/persecute/burn in effigy/decorate anything and anyone you want. What genius craftsman saw this business opportunity and jumped on it? All I know is that I feel sorry for the dude that showed up with his tiki-torch.
I admire the Pakistani people for getting out, brandishing their fancy torches and protesting for something they believe in. Yes, there are pros and cons to the whole thing, and with everyone protesting all the time I don’t know how anything gets done, but at least they’re out there, silver torches in hand, fighting for what they think is right and just.
1 comment:
Nice.
Post a Comment