Sunday, December 14, 2008

10 bucks

Ok, maybe not ten bucks, but I'll make dinner for whoever can guess what this is (Veils don't count):



I'd like to think of myself of an adventurous eater. I was thinking about it today when Brandon was carefully mentioning that while he mostly enjoys my experiments he doesn't enjoy cleaning after them. And I thought that I started eating adventurously at an early age, not because I was born with a sporting spirit but because I was born with a lot of pride. Unfortunately for me, my crowd yelling "Chug!" was my parents. It's them with the sporting spirit and me with the consequences. Still, my pride has allowed me to develop my pallet into something if not, sophisticated, then at least sturdy. There aren't many things I won't eat. I thought I had tasted a lot of things until I tasted the above. I had no frame of reference for what the above tasted like. I can only break down the texture as slimy and the tastes as: a little sweet, a little salty and very strong. And of course I was with my dad so I had to eat it and then smile - except this time I wasn't faking it. I guess pride sometimes pays off.

Cast your votes. I'll reveal the answer and winner if a few days...

8 comments:

Melissa said...

judging from appearances, i'd say that a snake is in that bowl. eeeewwwwww.

Melissa said...

hold on... did you eat voldemort?? forget harry, YOU are the world's hero for digesting the greatest evil the world has ever seen.

mimi said...

haha! this reminded me of your mom's experiments when you guys lived with us. roberto and i hated in your mom's experiments. (sorry tia! i'll try anything now!)

my vote is that it's something asian but i can't get any more specific. maybe japanese.

Anne said...

I will not vote because #1: I have no clue, and #2: You cook dinner for me anyway. It's fun to see how long you can handle someone else trying to man the kitchen, though.

archie p. said...

sad. i need a free meal too.

The Andrews said...

My only guess is chocolate pudding...which i clearly know it is not if it was adventurous. I need to explore outside my traditional meals thanks for being brave and daring...you are my hero!

Mike said...

the tumultuous mass that is our national economy.

The Woodlands said...

I deeply appreciate melissa's guesses...

I am going to venture that this is Thai Black Sesame Pudding...please make me dinner, please make me dinner. I'll take mine "Voldemort-free" though please. I am a Potter-tarian. (Did that even make sense??)