Friday, July 25, 2008

Want

I can't think of a band I want to see more than Colplay in concert. Such a breath of fresh air from the punk crap. This is, to me, in competition for the best song of the album. Sorry about the bad word.

VIOLET HILL


Their new album is amazing. Every song has something to offer. They have grown up as a band. I was listening to Parachutes the other day and even though I still like it, it sounds different to me. I realized I have grown up too.

Not everyone is lucky enough to have a great band to grow alongside. They're my band. Not everyone has "that band". That band that when you hear in a store somewhere you can't help but smile. That band that has seen you through your awkward years. That band whose CD is one of the three things you would take to a deserted island (my other two things would be Brandon and the White Album - you didn't think I had abandoned the Beatles...).

1 comment:

mimi said...

Does New Kids on the Block count? C'mon, have you heard Summertime?! They were there when I was 13 and I tried to pull off red eye shadow and they're there for me now that I'm thirty (cough cough) and trying to turn athletic. What would I have done if they didn't try this comeback?! lol!