
So it's times like today at the ob/gyn where I wish I had a camera phone. My cheapness has finally failed me, I never thought this day would come.
I don't know about the rest of you but the gynecologist is kind of a weird place in this world. All sorts of strange things come together to make one (or a lifetime of) unforgettable experience. There's the giant paper towel you to wear around your waist. I'm not using hyperboles or poetic license to describe something - this is an actual paper towel on steroids. Then there's the vest that looks like five-year-old made it out of toilet paper. A man you've never met before touching your boobs amongst other things. And that suspicious duck bill contraption.
Luckily something joyous and unexpected happened today. As I was humming and waiting for the doctor I notice that the foot thingies had advertisements on them. The foot thingies are the those metal things sticking out out from in front of the examination table. Being an ad major, I couldn't help but smile. I mean, how ingenious - if I ever thought that working on a pharmaceutical account would be boring, today I was proved wrong. Very wrong. When I talked with my doctor about it he said that the foot thingies usually have ads for contraception on them so that the patients can ask about it, but today they had an ad for a UTI medicine, so doctors could remember to prescribe it over others.
Moral: When you think advertising can follow you no more places, it does. It's with you, always with you.
7 comments:
It's like an evil twin to the Holy Ghost.
Natalia, thank you for sharing that, especially with your male readers who may never get a chance to see something like that. I guess I have something to look forward to at my next visit...
Nat, that i awesome. I wish I could have been there, but not really. We're working on England.
Wow. So smart!! Now we have something to aspire to...hahaha
my girlparts doctor had nothing of the kind. i wish she was more snazzy.
It's everywhere!
Yesterday I saw them! The stirrup advertisements! My gyno visit was filled with thoughts of you. Hmmm.
Post a Comment