Here we are, the city of...Bruins? Paul Revere? John Adams? A massacre?
I should figure out what to call this place. Well, to be perfectly honest we currently reside in Waltham (the city of the Waltham Watch Company) a suburb of Boston. Still, the charms of living within a bigger city are not lost on us.
To be perfectly honest, we did not fall in love with Boston at first sight. It was just this inexplicable feeling of, "We're not East Coasters." A fact we already knew but it was solidified upon our arrival. I can't really tell you what it is because when I stop to think about all the things that make up Boston/Waltham, I have to say we really like them. So...I don't know. What I do know is that I like where we live for the following reasons:
1. The accent. I kind of wish I spoke with a Boston accent. It's just so defiant and specific and bizarre. Where does it come from? Who knows. The other day I was eavesdropping on a phone conversation at the park.
"It's foah-eight-foah. Are ya deaf? Foah-eight-foah! FOAH-EIGHT-FOAH!!! Yeah, yeah, she's heeah."
It was awesome.
2. Waltham is surprisingly multicultural. There is an Indian store, a Halal restaurant, Asian restaurants of all types, a bunch of Salvadorian (pupusas!) places and from what I hear a great taco shop. My mouth is watering just thinking about the tacos.
3. Cultural experiences. If anything, historical. As you can imagine, there is plenty to see in Boston, we've explored a bit of the Freedom Trail and have visited the Children's Museum but there are still a lot of things I want to see. It's nice to have more indoor bad weather options.
So far so good. Bahston is growing on us little by little. We go back to Ithaca as Bruins fans.
3 comments:
I, for one, am glad you don't speak like that. I once had a roommate for MA and it was challenging. But for many reasons.
wait...when did you guys move? And why?? Hope you guys are doing well! I missed your posts, so I'm glad you are back!
WE LOVE PUPUSAS! We eat them here all the time. The next time you are in NYC we can have pupusas together.
Now I see that you really ARE in Boston.
Post a Comment