Then again, if I were smarter I wouldn't have eaten Lean Cuisine. Sigh...
In any case, I'd like to think I am the left-over queen. True, only in my head do I hear the worship of my masses, but something is something. At least I have a healthy self-esteem.
Brandon went deep sea fishing with his dad and came back with a culinary challenge.
I was to cook this thing.

This thing is called a scorpion fish and to boot their spikes are highly poisonous. Thankfully they cleaned it for Brandon and all I got were fillets to work with. No threat of being poisoned before we had eaten the fish - although that would have made a fab story.
So we have A LOT of fish to work with and only so many days to do it in. What to do.
We had a great Sunday dinner by grilling the fish and adding stuff to it. By stuff I mean orange infused olive oil, garlic, honey, herbes de provance. You know, the uss.
Now that our culinary minds had been stretched we were at a loss and we had about 2 lbs. of fish to go and 2 missionaries to feed.
Enter Ceviche! Mexican-ness fixes everything. When culinary disaster knocks at your door - make a taco. So my idea was to Mexicanize the fish and make it into ceviche. Yes, purists will tell you that ceviche needs to start out with raw fish being cooked by the citrus in the lime. ::Cricket Cricket::
The nice thing about fish is that its versatile. Maybe now that we only have 1 lb left, I'll make fish tacos.
Cheaters Ceviche
All ingredients should be equal in proportions.
White fish of some sort, cooked until flaky
Tomatoes, chopped
Onions, diced
Cilantro, chopped
Carrot, thinly grated
Lemon/Lime juice
Salt to taste
Mix together and you're done! Serve with white rice, tostadas and yummy horchata. Another left-over disaster prevented! Thanks Mexican-ness!
2 comments:
Since we're in a fight...2 things,
#1 Stop saying FAB!
#2 I'm not sure it's a "healthy self-esteem" you've got when you're hearing masses in your head. You should probably get that checked out.
Ok, I'm vented. Now can we be done fighting?
im loving the shoutout :) and the recipe for ceviche i can eat! (all the ones at restaurants have scallops, poopy)
Post a Comment