Sunday, January 27, 2008

Feelin' de love

Allow me to embarrass my in-laws for but a brief moment. The Jacobsen side women have decided to start a book club. We read a book and discuss it the next time we're together. The inaugural meeting of Le Book Club was the same weekend Brandon and I were in San Francisco - sadly I could not attend. The girlies went to dinner to discus Catcher in the Rye. Ever the thoughtful women, they send this pic to show their love and longing for me at the Club. And although I appreciate the gesture let me interpret the true meanings here.


Left to Right: Alyssa, Crystal, Erin, Susan (matriarch), Anne

Alyssa's mood: Sassy. "Are you kidding me? I don't do kisses."
Crystal's mood: Confident. "Love me dahling, I am fierce."
Erin's mood: Frightened. "Ok... I don't love this...is he going to throw that camera at us?"
Susan's mood: Defeated. "I hate Natalia, but I'm still posing for this picture."
Anne's mood: Hammy. "Jazz-kiss!"

I really did luck out with a great mother-in-law and great sisters-in-law. Thanks girls!!!

2 comments:

Anne said...

I can teach you Jazz hands if you want. I've found it can be appropriate in almost every circumstance. For instance, Cameron is starting to run into the street...JAZZ HANDS...and I catch him before he gets hit. Awkward moment between you and a friend you've bumped into and you have nothing to say?...JAZZ HANDS...and the ice is broken. Even cheerleaders use a variation of jazz hands when they are at a loss for words...spirit fingers! I tell you...it's always a safe bet.

alyssa said...

I'm so sad you weren't there. You were missed. I couldn't do a good "kiss" face because I was so embarrassed my my outfit!