Ok, so since we got Maggie we've been living at PetSmart. We always need something more, if it's not this it's that. So I decided to ask how much the Salon at PetSmart is. $37 for trim and $47 for a cut for a Wheaten. Not too bad for the sake of convenience. I'm already having to brush her all the time, I don't want to cut her hair. That is, until I saw the PetSmart Christmas flier. On one side it details information about when Santa is coming to PetSmart (and you better believe I'm taking Maggie) and the other side is a coupon for a bath, cut, little bow, and even a tooth cleaning. So that sounded like a good deal. Except took a closer look at the dog in the coupon picture and realized that that hideously cut, rather butchered, dog was a Wheaten. Then and there I resolved never to let PetSmart Salon get within 20 feet of my dog. We've been called elitist because we're so particular about Maggie's appearance. And yes, we may or may not ridicule the Wheaten down the street because it looks like a modified lemur but we are good dog parents and want Maggie to look her best. It's the same reason parents comb their child's hair before they go to school. Good grooming is important.
Except that's not the worst part. The worst part is I decided to cut her hair myself. I read the SCWT website about hair cuts. I even read the Wheaten owner's manual thingie about hair cuts. I was ready. Except I wasn't. And what has resulted (two hours later) is a slightly butchered dog. However, I'm proud to say that her face still looks like a Wheaten. And damn it! That's the most important part.

Maggie post trimming odyssey.
3 comments:
She's still beautiful.
Definitely the cutest Wheaten in all of Mirada, and most likely in La Jolla Colony! I'm glad to see her paws are getting better. She's so sweet! We love her!
she is so cute. i wish we could get a dog.
Post a Comment