Let me give you a little bit of context here: We couldn't figure out what to wear, we were late as is, my dad missed the freeway exit, we were about to miss the sun, the fog was shockingly thick and everyone was at each other's throats. By the time we finally got there the car was dead silent and no one was speaking to each other. But as soon as we got to the beach we slapped on our fake happy faces and pretended we liked each other. Then as soon as my father-in-law started to shoot the FREEZING water hit our feet, all was forgotten and we started squealing and having a good time. These are a few of the awkward shots of the day (good pictures are so boring, no?)

That face.

My mom explaining to my dad that he is in fact, not European.

My mom was hellbent on making us run and skip the whole time. Also, little known fact, Brandon's wingspan is longer than his height.

The men are showing their true colors in this picture. My dad being wanna-be Broadway performer and Brandon trying to be super-rasta.

Charge! That bird is actually my sibling.

My dad insisted on becoming a sort of performer during this shoot. His theatrical laugh kept making us laugh so hard.
Don't you worry, we got a few (very few) good ones. But I kind of want to get the bad ones printed. Whaddaya think?
7 comments:
I love these photos. Also - I am seriously impressed by how far off the ground Brandon got.
I love these. I kind of hope you frame that third photo. It's a classic. I also tend to like the non-posed photos better than the posed ones, which might be why I like these so much. Good work all around.
Okay I love when you have a new post on your blog because I always get a stomach workout when I read it. hahaha, girl you always got my rolling! Our family is opposite, we always get excited for pictures but then we all want different things and that is when the fake smiles and silence comes out. ha! and then something like water on the feet happens and it is all fun and games! Oh I can't wait for your next post! Don't wait too long because my stomach needs all the exercise it can get. hahaha.......
I meant "always got me rolling" not my rolling. Okay sorry for my post instead of a comment. :)
Would it be so bizarre for me to have a gigantic family picture hanging in my house of people that aren't even my family? Because I want one of these. Amazing.
I can't believe how long brandon's arms look! Hilarious! Also, little did that seagull know how famous he would be by flying in the photo lol
You should totally do a collection of framed bad photos around one larger sized good one. Keeps it real. =) I love your captions. And holy crap Brandon does have a big wingspan!
Post a Comment