Back my popular demand (one person) I have decided to post more awesome, and this time not-so-awesome, things about Ithaca.
Love
6. Internationals. A few weeks ago I went to a get-together at a girl's house and it was like stepping into the UN. Each one of us was from a different country. It was awesome. Countries represented were: Saudi Arabia, Spain, Czech Republic, Pakistan, Columbia, Mexico, Chile, and the US. I was the U.S. representative and apparently a pretty good one since the girl from the Czech Republic told me I was the first American she wouldn't mind hanging out with again. Go USA!
7. Sensible shoes. Some of my more fashionable bleaders might recoil, but I like the idea of Tevas being acceptable footwear. Or Birkenstocks for that matter. Or some other form of COMFORTABLE footwear. In California we wear Rainbow sandals to formal events. Why can't Ithacans wear Crocs everywhere? Ithacans really know how to enjoy life and having comfortable feet is the first "step" towards world peace.
8. Genuineness. People in Ithaca mean what they say and they do what they mean. The Green movement is not just a label on your dish soap here it's a way of life and I really appreciate that. Plus all Ithacans I have ever met are super nice, caring, sincere people. Not pretentiousness, just Crocs.
Hate
1. Banking. I don't know what Stoneage caveman is in charge of my bank's ATMs but they still use deposit slips here. Deposit slips! During an ATM transaction! Needless to say, this is frustrating and confusing. I don't know my account number, I have groceries to buy, real things to do. I don't want to talk to a human being. Please just let me stay in my sheltered pod of a car and move on with my life.
2. Mexican food. Not surprising, but I can't even talk about it.
5 comments:
Crocs, really. I just recoiled in pain.
Burks are ok. I wore a pair every day from 6th-12th grade. Then I learned they wern't cool at the Y. bummer.
laughing so hard. excellent post.
ps. can you VT me again. Mine didn't come last month and I am the VT supervisor.
I love Tevas, Birkenstocks, Keen, Chaco and all those and wish we could wear sandals everywhere all the time. But I guess it would get pretty cold in the winter. I only own Chacos. I'll remember to bring them when we finally come visit you guys so that I can fit in and all.
I still use a deposit slip at my atm. youre expecting too much.
Sorry about the Mexican food....i feel bad that we didn't take Brandon to any good resturant- we haven't really gone to any yet. So we went to this crappy place that looked promising from the outside. I was disapointed and bummed for Brandon....sorry! But it was good to see him again! Wish you and Ellie could have come too!
Post a Comment