Friday, August 22, 2008

NPR - My new BFF


NPR and I have recently become BFF's. We stay up late at night, we work together, drive to the grocery store together, we even cook together.

NPR likes to talk. It likes to talk about everything and anything. Sometimes it's religion, sometimes it's politics, recently there's been a lot of discussion about the Olympics. Even though NPR talks and talks, I don't really get bored. We're a great pair - NPR talks, I listen.

Not surprisingly NPR and I share a love for the Beatles so I always listen to its musical suggestions. We also like a lot of the same books. It's NPR that introduced me to Harold McGee and On Cooking. I will forever be in NPR's debt for that. In fact, I'll forever be in debt with NPR for introducing me to :Prairie Home Companion, Kitchen Window, Splendid Table, Fresh Air, and the Unger Report.

Futhermore NPR makes me laugh, a quality I look for in any friend. Listen to this:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=91066188

1 comment:

R and K said...

Have you ever listened to "Wait Wait Don't Tell Me" on NPR Saturday mornings? I'm sure you have. I think you will love it if you haven't. Download the free podcast if the broadcast time is inconvenient.